Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Drive Or Be Driven

Soon to be scraped from the asphalt
Your senses become redundant
Breathing through flesh and bone
All is everything but your own
Defy! Until the end
Ignite your rhetorical facts
Since the day you've met yourself
You hear the gunshot aloud

Drive or be driven
Choices were made, no hand I've been given
You left me there, thanks...

Showered all emotion away
Envisage the mental decay
See the rope dangling before you
Will you do it, will you?
Abdicate yourself from your life
Is it the easy way out?
Before you know it death will cheat you
Render you stupid and see you abate...

Drive or be driven
Far beyond driven...

We're in it for free
Disaffected, should it be?
If the curtains fall will it end?
I know I'll abscond and teach you
Never to walk by my side
Cause I'm the one who holds the wheel
And the choices I've made will give examples
Of what it's like to be the one who drives

And the choices are already made
So fuck you and your given hand
Fuck you and your giving hand!

Written 24-11-2001

No comments:

Post a Comment