Thursday, December 20, 2012

Crossing the Shame

In so many words
You described my life so well
And send me towards
A bitterness to dwell
I've got something for you
A puzzle; my open mind
It leaves you frozen
It's hard to tell, but I'm broken

If I cannot change...
In all these years you taught me so well
I am now myself,
A hardcase inbetween

To hide, I can't seek
The endless trail
Before that lousy sleep
Can't get no rest
The dawn sets, I'm already awake
In times of pressure
Can't help but feel
A depraved procession

Proudly myself
A hardcase inbetween
Crossing that shame

Amidst the few,
They lack themselves
Weren't meant to make closure for future's sake
To twist the knife they hold so deep
Can't keep running from self deceit

Written 17-04-2002 + 19-10-2002

No comments:

Post a Comment